Answered By: Elizabeth Trapasso Last Updated: Oct 01, 2014 Views: 28
You would want to check our Course Reserves system. To access, you would follow the steps below.
- Go to the library's website (library.stonybrook.edu) and find the link for Course Reserves (top right).
2. In the 'Find Course Reserves' box, you would search for the item you want. It allows you to type in a course name (ex. EHM420), instructor, department, author, or title.
3. If an item is on reserve, you will see it listed in the Course Reserve Index List. Click on the entry.
4. From here, you will see the course code, instructor, title, author,availability (total items/on loan), and the location/how long it can be checked out (ex. two hour loan). This item, as an example, is kept in the Main Library Stacks.
5. If the location is Main Library Stacks, you would go to the third floor of the Melville Library (there is a sign for MAIN STACKS) and visit the circulation desk. You will need to provide the library staff member with the course reserves information (course, instructor, title, or author), so she can check the item out to you. You must have your current SBU ID card to borrow the item.