Answered By: Michael Bailou Huang Last Updated: May 20, 2015 Views: 127
First of all, have you gone to work for a new university or hospital? Get to know their librarian and resources. They're probably great!
Secondly, alumni always have on-site access to the library's online resources, by visiting any of the SBU libraries. Unfortunately, off-campus access is restricted to the polices listed below. All access to Stony Brook Health Sciences Library electronic resources is governed by licensing agreements with publishers and vendors.
Library users with access to electronic resources:
- Currently employed Stony Brook University faculty and staff
- Currently enrolled Stony Brook University students
- Volunteer faculty
- Research Foundation employees
- Emeritus faculty
Electronic Resources Log-on
- Eligible library users gain access to electronic resources (eJournals, eBooks, and databases) by using their NetID for off-campus access.
- NetID and NetID password can be obtained by logging into SOLAR with your Stony Brook ID number and SOLAR password. Once you have logged into SOLAR, look for the NetID information section.
- For electronic course reserves, students must use the username and password assigned by their instructor.
- Library user statuses, e.g. faculty, student and staff, are governed by library users' respective academic and administrative departments.
- Library users need to inquire at their respective academic or administrative departments if their assigned status results in non-access to electronic resources.
- The Health Sciences Library is not responsible for how academic and administrative departments assign status to their respective students and personnel.