Answered By: Darren Chase Last Updated: Feb 13, 2017 Views: 133
For books on this topic, click on the CATALOG tab on the library homepage and start with a search like: writing and south asia. You may have to look for books on the broader topic of language and South Asia.
These two have sections specifically on writing systems in that region:
- Digraphia :writing systems and society / edited by Stéphane Grivelet ; general editor, Joshua A. Fishman. Main Library Stacks P40 .I58 no. 150
- Language in South Asia / edited by Braj B. Kachru, Yamuna Kachru, and S.N. Sridhar. Main Library Stacks P381 .S58 L36 2008
For articles, you should start with these databases:
- JSTOR - Definitely use this database!
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts
- MLA International Bibliography
- Project MUSE
In the databases, you can do a similar search - writing system and south asia. You can be more specific, searching for the names of a writing system or language you're interested in.
If you need additional help, contact Cornelia Creel, the librarian for Linguistics: firstname.lastname@example.org