Answered By: Darren Chase
Last Updated: Jul 30, 2014     Views: 87

If the article is not available in a specific database, you should check your citation to see which JOURNAL published the article and the date of publication.

To see if we have the issue of the journal with your article, click on the eJOURNALS tab on the library homepage and type in the name of the journal.  It will show you which databases have the journal and for what years.  If one of the databases has your year, click on that link and search for the issue or article in that database.

If the journal is not available online for the year you need, it may be available in print or microform.  Click on the CATALOG tab on the library homepage, then the JOURNAL CATALOG link.

Type in the name of the journal and then click on the journal title in the results.  If we have the journal in print or microform, it will give you the call number, library, and years available.

In the case above, you will see that the Journal of Social History is available from 1967-1975 in Microfilm A770, from 1975-2009/2010 in Microfiche A893, and 2001-2011 in print in the Main Library Stacks at call number HN1.J6.

If the library does not own the journal at all, you can still request your article through InterLibrary Loan (ILL).  Click on thet InterLibrary Loan link on the library homepage.  If you have never used ILL, click on FIRST TIME USERS and follow the instructions.

Contact Us!

(631) 632-7148  more info
Reference Desk  more info  more info

Ask Us!

Please give an e-mail address so we know where to send your answer. We will not share it.
Your Question
Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.