Answered By: Darren Chase Last Updated: Sep 04, 2014 Views: 43
The volumes you want are available online at the University of Wisconsin Archive, which serves as an official archive for material through 1955.
- 1947 - General: United Nations: http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1947v01
- 1947 - Near East & Africa: http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1947v05
- 1948 - General United Nations, 1: http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1948v01p1
- 1948 - General United Nations, 2: http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1948v01p2
- 1948 - Near East & Africa, 1: http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1948v05p1
- 1948 - Near East & Africa, 2: http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1948v05p2
We have print volumes here at Stony Brook University Libraries, but they are located in our Off-Site Collection. To request these volumes, click on the CATALOG link in the main search box area on the Library homepage. On the next page, change the search function from Keywords to Title and type in: Foreign relations of the United States.
Scroll down until you see the record and then click on Retrieve Catalog Item.
On the next page, click on the link that says: Off Site Collection - Request through ILL - JX233 .A3
That will take you to a list of the volumes and you can choose the ones you want - those that say NEAR EAST for the years you want. On that screen is a link for each volume that says REQUEST THROUGH ILL. Click on that and you will go to ILL, where you can put in your account info. Once in the ILL screen, choose the OFF SITE BOOK option and fill out the form for each volume you want.